Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Exam 70-432: Week 2 - Some Lab Exercises

Whenever I took a class in grad school, I always had one week where nothing went right, and I wound up not doing a good job.

This was my one and only bad week for this class. I was a bit under the weather, so I didn't finish the assignments. In hindsight, I should have focused on Chapter 9 in the Lab Manual (Backing Up and Restoring a Database) instead of starting with Chapter 8 (Designing Policy Based Management). Oh, well, here's what I do have:

Chapter 8: Designing Policy Based Management

Lesson 1: Designing Policies

Practice 1: Create a Condition

Steps 1-2:





Step 3:
  

Step 4:

 

Step 5:

 
 
 Step 6:

 

 Step 7:



Practice 2: Create a Condition For a Target Set

Step 1:



Step 2:



Practice 3: Create a Policy

Step 1:






 


Step 2:




Step 3:



Step 4:



Practice 4: Create a Policy Category

Step 1:










Chapter 9: Backing Up and Restoring a Database

Lesson 1: Backing Up Databases

Practice 1: Create a Compressed, Mirrored, Full Backup

Step 1:

 



Practice 2: Create a Transaction Log Backup

Step 1:






Step 2:



Practice 3: Create a Differential Backup

Steps 1-2:




I'm definitely going to come back and re-visit backups and restores.

No comments:

Post a Comment