After getting through the reading, I installed SQL Server 2008 R2 in a VM and used it to complete the practice exercises in the Carpenter book.
To recap this week's assignments:
- Self-tests for Chapters 2 and 3 in the Horninger book.
- Practice lessons for Chapters 1 and 5 in the Lab Manual (Hotek).
- Post in one or more online forums.
- Take the practice test for the first concept: Install and Configure SQL Server 2008.
- Make this blog entry.
Definitely the hardest assignment was making a meaningful post in an online forum. I don't have enough experience to make a significant contribution yet. I did discuss certification training in general (and this class specifically) in SQLServerCentral.com, so I'm going to have to count that.
Starting tomorrow: Maintaining SQL Server Instances
- Chapters 13, 14 and 16 in Carpenter.
- Chapter 7 in the Horninger book.
- Self-Test for chapter 7 (Horninger)
- Hotek: Chapter 8. Lesson 1-2; chapter 9, lesson 1-3; chapter 10, lessons 2-4 Practice tests for chapters 8-10
- Post in an online forum
- Summarize the week’s work in a blog entry