Week 2 is finished. I didn't do as much hands-on practicing as I should have, partly because I participated in Global Accessibility Awareness Day by captioning some news video for Amara.
Here's what was done:
- Self-Test for Chapter 7 in The Real MCTS SQL Server 2008 Exam 70-432 Prep Kit
- Practice tests for Chapters 8, 9 and 10 in the Lab Manual
- Asked a question about the BIT data type and row compression in SQL Server Central
- Posted this blog entry.
I didn't do quite as well on the tests this week: 16/20 in the Self-Test and failing the Practice Test by one question.
Next week, I'm going to try a different approach. Instead of doing all the reading first, then practicing, I'll complete the reading and practicing for each chapter, one at a time.
Speaking of next week, the topic is Managing SQL Server Security.
Next week's reading is Chapters 14, 18 and 19 in the Carpenter book, and Chapters 4 and 5 in Horninger.
The assignments (due 5/20/2012):
- Self-Test for Chapter 4 and 5 (Horninger)
- Hotek: Chapter 8 Lessons 1-3; chapter 11, Lessons 2-6. Practice tests for chapters 8 and 11.
- Post in an online forum
- Summarize the week’s work in a blog entry